Building One Pennsylvania is pleased to honor the following leaders at this year’s award ceremony, to be held November 20, 2014.
- State Rep. Mike Vereb, Republican Caucus Secretary, and State Rep. Mike Sturla, Democratic Policy Chair, for their roles in unifying Pennsylvania by securing bi-partisan support for a state transportation funding bill that will improve our state’s transportation infrastructure, create jobs and make our regions more attractive to private sector investment.
- David Rusk, Founding President, Building One America, for his vision of achieving social justice and inclusion through a unifying regional opportunity policy agenda, and for his leadership in promoting this agenda to multiple regions in Pennsylvania.
- Dale Gravett, Executive Director, Chester County Housing Authority, for advancing opportunity through support of regional fair housing goals.
- James Debord, President and CEO, Schreiber Pediatric Center, former Executive Director of YorkCounts, for initiating the first Building One Pennsylvania summit.
- George Rattay, Retired Business Manager, Financial Secretary/Treasurer, Plumbers & Pipe Fitters, Local #354 and Marcia Goisse, Fairchance Borough Councilwoman, for their roles in leading this year’s Building One Southwestern Forum.
- Penn State University, for its strategic partnership in support of this year’s Building One Southwestern Forum.
- Mayor Richard Lattanzi, Mayor of the City of Clairton, Member of the United Steelworkers, for demonstrating labor leadership for inclusive and sustainable communities.
- Rev. Rohan Hepkins, Pastor of Chapel of the Good Shepherd and Yeadon Borough Mayor, for demonstrating clergy leadership for inclusive and sustainable communities.
- William Henderson, Unitarian Universalist Church of Delaware County, for his leadership in advancing our regional fair housing campaign.
- George Aman, Wayne Presbyterian Church, for his founding role in Building One Pennsylvania.
Previous year’s honorees include:
State Senator John C. Rafferty, Jr.
State Senator Pat Browne
State Representative Bernie O’Neill
Fred Redmond, International Vice President for Human Affairs, United Steelworkers
Kelvin Jeremiah, President and CEO, Philadelphia Housing Authority
Rev. David Eckert, Drexel Hill United Methodist Church
Jacquelynn Puriefoy-Brinkley, Co-founder, Southeastern Pennsylvania First Suburbs Project
Estelle Richman, Special Advisor to the Secretary, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Senator Robert Casey, Jr.
Congressman Patrick Meehan
Tom Gemmill, St. James Episcopal Church, Lancaster
Rev. Marlon Millner, McKinley Memorial Baptist Church, Norristown Borough Council
Isaac Dotson, Yeadon Economic Development Corporation
Congressman Jim Gerlach
State Senator Edwin “Ted” Erickson
Pastor Ed Crenshaw
Kirby Hudson, Assistant Manager, City of Coatesville