Leaders: Building Our Future Together
Building One Pennsylvania’s annual Leaders: Building Our Future Together awards ceremony, was held November 21 at IBEW Local 380 in Collegeville to celebrate our successes in seeking bi-partisan solutions to the often overlooked fiscal and social challenges of our diverse communities. (For photos, visit our Facebook page.)
We were pleased to recognize the achievements and contributions of several outstanding leaders, including:
- State Senator John Rafferty, Jr., for advocating for a transportation bill that will address our state’s infrastructure challenges, create jobs and make our regions more attractive to private sector investment.
- State Senator Patrick Browne and State Representative Bernie O’Neill, for advancing Act 3, Pennsylvania’s Special Education Funding Reform Legislation, which will make long overdue reforms and changes to how Pennsylvania funds special education, ensuring that state money is adequately and equitably distributed.
- Frederick Redmond, International Vice President of the United Steelworkers, whose support of our July 2013 National Summit on Inclusive Suburbs and Sustainable Regions initiated a promising collaboration of local elected leaders and labor in support of investing in our communities’ infrastructure.
- Kelvin Jeremiah, President and CEO of the Philadelphia Housing Authority, for his strategic partnership in advancing a southeastern Pennsylvania housing mobility program that will open up new opportunity for where housing choice voucher holders can live, work and educate their children.
- Jacquelynn Puriefoy-Brinkley, for her role in co-founding the Southeastern Pennsylvania First Suburbs Project.
- Rev. David Eckert, Pastor of Drexel Hill United Methodist Church, for his leadership in helping to grow our organization beyond its Southeastern Pennsylvania roots.
We thank our generous sponsors, including:Alliance for American Manufacturing
Aramark Arcadia Holdings, Inc.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Borough of Lansdowne
Borough of Yeadon
Catholic Health East Choice Security Services
Citadel Federal Credit Union
Citizens for Mario Civera Construction Association of Western Pennsylvania
Curtin & Heefner LLP
Davidson & Company
DWD Mechanical Contractor Inc.
Eastern PA Conference UMC
Enterprise Zone Corporation of Braddock
Fellowship of the Doers
First Student, Inc.
Friedman, Schuman, Applebaum
Friends of Marlon Millner
Friends of Yeadon Public Library
Housing Authority of the County of Chester
IBEW Local Union 380
Independence Advisors, LLC
J.P. Mascaro & Sons
Jenkintown Borough Laborers’ International Union of North America
Law Office of John P. McKelligott, Esq.
League of Women Voters of PA Mellon Certified Restoration
Mistick Construction Co.
Pawlowki For Governor
Pennsylvania Citizens for Children and Youth
Penn State Greater Allegheny
Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency
Philadelphia Council AFL-CIO
Plumbline Fellowship UMC
Portnoff Law Associates
Pottstown School District
Prayer Chapel COGIC
Raffaele & Puppio LLP
Remington, Vernick & Beach
Ridley School District
Schreiber Pediatric Rehab Center
SEIU Pa State Council
Southeastern PA Area Labor Federation
St. James Episcopal Church
St. Luke Church
Starrett & Associates
The Garden Church, a UM Community
The Honorable Anthony Williams
Thomas J. Anderson & Associates Inc
United Methodist Women – Eastern Conference
United Steelworkers District 10
Wallingford Presbyterian Church
Walton, Mulvena & Associates
West Lancaster Animal Hospital
Williams for Senate WOLF
Yeadon Borough Council
Yeadon Public Library